donderdag 3 augustus 2017

So you have a performance issue.............

When you have been around long enough you tend to get called in whenever things are not running smoothly.
Often I guess people expect that there will be some magic config setting that solves everything. Guess what, if this did exist, I surely don't know it.

No, solving performance issues is like peeling an onion down to the core. You have to look at all the different layers, not just the application.
What is often forgotten is that an application like Webcenter Content depends on the underlying architecture. This is probably my favorite analogy that a few people have already heard. WCC is a high speed train, but is the rails are bad, it won't move.

Over the years I have done my share of performance review and I have seen several things everybody should look at. Honestly, this would be too long for one single post, so I am going to split this up into several posts about this same topic. Yeah I know, that sounds like a cheap trick to up the article count...

These are the topics I will cover:
  • Database
  • Storage
  • Application itself
  • Network
Stay tuned.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten